YOUHA® Personal Data PolicyYouha Malaysia Sdn Bhd (which may include in the future any of its’ subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities) ("Youha") which owns and manages amongst others the products and Services recognize the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of data. In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the "Act"), this notice ("Notice") is to inform you how we collect and process your personal data.
By providing us your personal data, by accessing and/or using our website, by interacting with us, by engaging us to provide any services to you, by doing business with us or generally having commercial transactions with us, you consent to us collecting and processing your personal data in the manner contemplated in this Notice.
This Notice may be amended and revised from time to time. We advise you to check our website from time to time for any amendments or updates to this Notice. By you continuing communicating with us, accessing and/or using our website, engaging us to provide services to you, by doing business with us or generally having commercial transactions with us, it would confirm your acceptance to the amendments or updates to this Notice.
Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data which we collect and process (now and in the future from time to time) depending on your commercial relationship with us, the point of collection, events or purpose of data collection, may include but not limited to the following:
in the case where you are a consumer of our products: your name, identification card number (NRIC No.), birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, age, address, telephone no, fax number, bank details, race, gender, date of birth, date of delivery, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to Youha in registration forms, application forms, and other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Youha from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data related to health (which includes pregnancy status, health status of you or your child), religion or similar belief, family, information of each family members , or other similar beliefs as well as expression of opinions; or
- in the case where you are doing business with us as retailers, distributors, suppliers or wholesalers or service providers to us: your name, identification card number (NRIC No.), passport number, nationality, age, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, race, gender, financial background, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to Youha in registration forms, application forms, through correspondences and other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Youha from time to time and includes sensitive personal data and expression of opinion;
Certain data requested by us are mandatory which you must provide us and agree to the processing of such mandatory data by us, failing which:
- in the case where you are a consumer of our products we will not be able to approve or allow you to continue your membership or provide you information, updates, products or services you requested or
- in the case where you are doing business with us as retailers, distributors, suppliers or wholesalers or service providers to us: we will not be able to process your request for our products and services or generally transact and do business with us.
Sources from which your Personal Data may be obtained
In addition to the Personal Data you provided to Youha directly or under Youha's respective brands, Youha may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Application forms, feedbacks forms, registration forms, other similar forms or through correspondences;
- From Youha's social media forums including but not limited to Facebook pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- When you interact and communicate with Youha through our contact details, call centres, care line, promoters and advisers;
- When you interact and communicate with Youha at any events or activities;
- When you enter contests organised by Youha;
- By using Youha related websites, which includes all websites operated by Youha and/or the name of its respective brands ("websites") like www.eyouha.com
- Cookies used on the websites.
- When you apply to be on our panel of retailers, distributors, suppliers or wholesalers or service providers to us (by contract or otherwise).
Purposes of Processing
Youha may use and process your Personal Data for commercial, business and activities of Youha which shall include, without limitation the following ("the Purposes")
- To perform Youha's obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you
- To provide you with any services or products you have requested
- To process your requests/subscriptions/order and deliver your requests/subscription/order to you
- To process your purchase and/or request
- To process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, contest, promotions
- Process, manage or verify your application for subscriptions with Youha and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers/members
- To validate your purchases and process payments relating to any product or services you have requested
- To understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences
- To develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs
- To process exchanges or product returns;
- To conduct research and statistical studies, polls and surveys
Where you are our panel of retailers, distributors, suppliers or wholesalers or service providers to us (by contract or otherwise) :
- For the purpose of engaging you to provide services or products
- To facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by Youha in order to engage you
- To process payments relating to any products or services you have provided
- To contact you or your company
Generally, to also:
- respond to questions, comments and feedback from you
- communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records,
- For purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime
- For Youha to comply with its obligations under law;
- For transacting and do business with us;
Marketing and Promotional Purposes
Youha may also collect and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as ("Additional Purposes"):-
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Youha, its partners, sponsors or advertisers
- To notify you and invite you to events or activities organised by Youha, its partners, sponsors or advertisers
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity
- To share your Personal Data with its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions
By way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), applications, by hand and/or by email.
If you do not consent to Youha processing your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes, please notify Youha using the contact details stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to be processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to companies under Youha which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where Youha servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure of Third Parties
Your Personal Data may be transferred or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Youha may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclosure to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this section include (without limitation):-
- Delivery agents such courier services agents, postman;
- Youha partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom Youha collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Web server hoster and manager, customer relation manager, content management companies, call centres;
- Call centres and loyalty program management team;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; Other suppliers, vendors, retailers, distributors, wholesalers and other business community.
Access & Correction
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data and/or to limit the processing of your Personal Data in the manner contemplated in this Notice and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
Customer Service (Data Protection)
Operating Hours: 9am-5pm from Mon-Fridays except public holidays
Youha reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted under law.
In respect of your right to request to access and/or request to correct your Personal Data, Youha has the right to refuse such requests for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person's privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian of a minor, you hereby acknowledge and consent to the processing and disclosure of the Personal Data of the persons under your care by Youha in the manner contemplated under this Notice. The capacities in which you may have to give consent for are as follows:
- - As a parent/guardian to a person below the age of 18 years old
- - As a person appointed by court to manage the affairs of the person who is unable to unable to manage its own affairs
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
We acknowledge that you have the right to decide the Personal Data you wish to provide to us. However, please note that if you do not provide the Personal Data above or limit the way such data is to be processed, it may hinder our ability and/or our performance of services to you, and the fulfilment of the Purposes and Additional Purposes as set out in this Notice.
This policy is available in English language. In the event of discrepancies or inconsistencies between the English and others languages, the English language version shall prevail.